Getting Older


One of the great blessings of getting older is realizing, without guilt or misgivings, how clueless you’ve been in various stages of your life. There’s nothing that has kept my ego in check more than this evolving revelation. At 18, I thought I was the smartest guy in the world, and at 21, I realized what a knuckle bag I was at 18. And now that I'm in my 40s, I see how at 21, and at most vector points since then, that my compass was 4 degrees before top dead center and with age has come a small dose of wisdom and this should give me some relief, only now I have less hair…which does save on shampoo and haircuts and it does get me better gas mileage on the highway with the top down. I guess that’s what this is all about: better MPGs and never having bedhead. What else is there?