If Jesus Was Alive Today


If Jesus was (or is it were?) alive today, I wonder if he’d be viewed the same way. I could imagine a 30 year old Jesus with no job and no home just walking around all day with twelve dudes. When I ran into his parents on the street, they would say he’s trying to ‘find himself’ and how they wish he’d ‘find a nice girl’ and just ‘settle down’. Not much has been written about him between the ages of ten and thirty. He was probably working most of that time and child labor laws weren't what they are today. Back then, you usually learned a trade from your Dad but his real Dad was too busy running the universe and I’m guessing that was a one man job. His step father, Joseph, was a carpenter….I learned that from Indiana Jones….so Jesus presumably quit swinging a hammer to grow his hair long and wander around with his friends for three years: no career, no car, no MBA and no real plan for the future. But somehow, it all turned out okay.