A Truck Rolled Over

I witnessed a car roll over last night...a truck really and I think it was a Toyota Highlander but it was tough to tell because it rolled over at least twice and every body panel was badly damaged. The truck was still running and all four guys were still trapped inside. I pulled over and left my car running with my Apple Watch charging on the console, my iPhone in its holder, and two laptops, an iPad, and an iPod Classic in my bag on the front seat. When I determined all four guys were okay in the truck, I thought about how to get them out and their main concern was their iPhones, I thought to myself where has technology gone when we, after getting into a pretty bad auto accident, worry about our technology more than ourselves. Rather than argue with them, I had them pass me their iPhones through the partially open moonroof which I could only wedge open enough to get their phones out. It was raining so I put their iPhones in my pockets, reached up and yanked the front passenger door open. Another guy pulled over and helped to get the guys out of the backseat while I worked on the guys in the front seat. The driver was wedged behind the steering wheel and the passenger couldn't get his seatbelt off. I had the driver turn off the still running vehicle and we worked on unwedging him from behind the steering wheel. When he was able to break free and finally stand with his head sticking out of the passenger door, I had him help his passenger get the seat belt off. When we pulled them safely out of the top of the car which was technically the side and got them safely on the pavement, one of their concerns was that I still had their iPhones...the driver was worried that his dad would kill him for totaling the truck and wouldn't that suck if your dad killed you right after you escaped death...they were all still in shock which was understandable as they had just been in an accident, but their phones made them somehow feel safe...and now that they had them back, everything was going to somehow be all right...they didn't say that but they didn't have to. I could see they were very disoriented and when they got their bearings and realized that they could have died, but didn't, the only real relief was when I handed them back their iPhones. I looked over and saw my Honda still idling with the window down, and when I got back to my car thirty minutes later after we calmed the four guys down, the leather seat was wet and all of my devices were gone...kidding, they were all just sitting there waiting for me. Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I don't really go anywhere without at least five Apple devices on me...an iPhone, an iPad, a MacBook Air, and Apple Watch, and an iPod Classic...but they were the least of my concern when I saw the rolled over still running truck with four guys trapped inside.