She Had a Great Fall

The smooth sexy curves, the fine lines, the lovely and oh so sexy shape that initially attracted me and kept me hooked for the last seven months made me concerned when I saw her fall face first on the pavement. I held my breath as only I could do in that situation and I watched her for a split second lying there and not making a sound. Wi didn't have to roll her over because I knew what I'd find, I knew what I’d find when I heard her land with that marked slap. I kneeled down and traced my fingers across her back, and slowly, oh so slowly, I rolled her over. I closed my eyes and opened them while she was lying there prone on her back. I looked up into the sky wondering why this would happen to her, would happen to me, I when I looked back there, what are the odds that she would so prematurely have a cracked screen.


She was resting on a wall, a wall I had laid her on dozens of times in that past and although that wasn’t her only fall, that was the worst one. I imagined that the protective case should have helped or maybe a screen wipe could somehow put her back together again but there would be no miracles, not on this day.


All of the Apple Geniuses and all of the Apple Doctors, couldn't put my iPhone back together again. I should probably mention that I had, or currently have might be a better term, an iPhone 6 Plus I affectionately refer to as my iPhablet. The fall wasn’t her enemy, it was really the sudden stop, or the sudden stop on a hard surface which was broken already so I’m not sure what right the broken ground had to break my precious phone, but as I write this, she's in the back room getting worked on and the doctors or geniuses or maybe just one genius and I’m hoping she comes back in one piece.