What is someone

This began with a Facebook post which was a riddle to help distract us from the 'pandemic' hysteria...I got the answer to the riddle correct, but I had two answers...finding a flaw in the way the riddle was written, I presumed that my girlfriend would enjoy the ride...and away we went...



Craig:
Someone’s mother has four sons. North, South and East. What is the name of the fourth son.
Maci:
Someone 
Craig:
Or What
The last sentence is a statement 
Maci:
Ah! That’s true too! 
I like how we often find the ‘loopholes’ to the riddles 
Craig:
The official answer is What
I opined that Someone is also an answer based on the working of the question 
Maci:
What is the official answer? 
Craig:
What 
Maci:
Lol I was messing with ya 
It could easily create a ‘who’s on first’ situation 
Craig:
What is the official answer 
Maci:
Are we doing this? 
Craig:
What
Maci:
Officially, what is the answer 
Craig:
What is the answer 
Maci:
You gave me a riddle, I gave you an answer. Someone wasn’t good enough,...what is? 
Craig:
Someone knows What
Maci:
Whether or not someone knows what is neither here nor there. What I want to know is the answer to the riddle
Craig:
What
What is the answer
Maci:
How am I supposed to know what the answer is? You gave me the riddle
Craig:
What is the answer to Who
Maci:
Where are you getting who from? 
Craig:
Who is What
Or rather What is The Who
Maci:
The Who is what I’m trying to figure out
Craig:
What is the What
Maci:
Okay. I get that part. So, what is the name of the who in question? 
Craig:
What is The Who
Maci:
Well The Who in this case the the name of the 4th son 
Craig:
He’s Someone...I know that for siren
Sure 
Maci:
That’s what I was thinking, too 
So this someone, ... what is their name? 
Craig:
What is Someone
Maci:
This is no time to wax philosophical! Now, who is this someone and what is their name? 
Craig:
Exactly 
Maci:
What is the problem here? 
Wait a tick 
Craig:
What is the answer to who is Someone 
Maci:
Are you telling me: someone is The Who and their name is what? 
Craig:
What is who is Someone
Maci:
And we’re back in the labyrinth! 
I can’t seem to get my bearings where someone is concerned 
Craig:
What is Someone
Maci:
Someone is a who not a what 
Craig:
Someone is a who and a What
Maci:
Since when is The Who and what of someone such a mystery,...more importantly, where can I find the answer? 
Craig:
In the What
Maci:
Ya know what? 
I don’t give a darn! 
Ps-we rock
Craig:
What
Someone does
Maci:
Haha well played. Now, who is this someone?