Fine for Using Cell Phone While Driving

The knuckle-bag was chatting on his phone the entire time. Okay, not OK, context would help: we were in traffic during the morning commute on that one stretch of highway were everything seems to merge together for 3 or 4 miles and we have to slow from 75mph to 5 and you’re side-by-side with the same car for ten minutes. I had the windows down and the music up and the breeze was blowing over where my hair used to be. So he was chatting so loudly that I could hear him over my music and not so discrete like most by using bluetooth or hiding it with the phone in his right ear so it would be somewhat disguised. It was against his left ear and he was almost hanging his head out the window. And it’s not like he doesn’t know because we passed a huge sign that said “FINE FOR USING CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING” which he probably took to mean it was okay and there was even one of those pulloffs specifically made for texters. 


So I looked over at him with that look like I’m trying to blow him up with my mind and then I make the ‘I’m talking on the phone' gesture kind of mocking him and then I hang it up signaling that he should do the same and he rattled on totally oblivious. It was all I could do to not get out of my car, walk over and slap the phone out of his hand or I could have just said something, anything, but I didn’t want to make a big deal of it. So, I’m hoping he gets to read this so he knows that I know that he should know that’s it’s not OK, you know?