A funny thing happened while making tea...

A funny thing happened while making tea...you already know that part. It reminded me of a joke I used to tell: 

Moses and Jesus were on the golf course. Jesus swings, the ball skips across the lake, rolls over the grass and up a tree, a bird grabs the ball and flys it down the fairway, dropping it on the green, a squirrel grabs the ball on the mouth and carries it over to the hole where he drops it in. "Another hole in one," Jesus shouts. Moses responds, "Are you here to play golf or are you here to fuck around." My story is the opposite of that.



I was pouring honey out of a new container, and I got it on my mug, apparently the mug and the handle, and I didn’t realize it, so, for some reason, I grabbed the mug and then touched the edge of my shirt, I wipe my hand on my shirt a lot, so I washed my hands to get the honey off, and I wiped them on my shirt, and I had honey there, and then also I didn’t realize there was honey on there, so I touched my pants, so then I realized honey was on my shirt, so I washed my hands again, and I don’t really use towels at home, so I wipe my hand on my shirt on the sticky part, so then I grabbed the baby wipes and got the sticky honey off my shirt, and then I washed my hands, and wiped them on my pants, and got honey back on my hands again, so I grabbed baby wipes and got the honey off my pants, and then washed my hands again, wiped them on my shirt, but I didn’t get all the honey off the first time so I had to wash them again and more baby wipes on my shirt, so then I went to go grab my tea mug, after washing my hands again, and there was honey on the handle, so I cleaned the handle off with baby wipes, I grabbed the
 cup itself, then I went to pour hot water into it from the kettle, and I got honey on the kettle with the hot water which I then transferred back to my cup. So I had a stop the train moment. I washed off the mug, every inch of it, I wiped down the kettle, I scrubbed down the counter, and I changed my shirt and my pants. I went back to get my tea off the counter in the kitchen and my sock got stuck to the floor. 

This is the silliness of my life, and it happens most days.