Back to the Future


If I had a time machine, I’d go back rather than forward; I think most people would. I’d go to the soccer field on Sunday morning when was eight and I’d shoot on goal before the game started. I’d go to my first apartment and lie on my twin bed. I’d go to my first office job with the Controller who scared me the first five times I met him. I’d sit around the table with friends over beers and stories which got better after every round. I’d take my Fiero with a full passenger seat on a Friday night mission to nowhere. But none of those things is the thing I’d do first. You know what I’d do first? I’d go to see her, just after she met him, when I could have had her forever with a look and a too close hug. And we’d lie hip to hip on the hood of my car. And she’d let me know that if it didn't work out with our relationships, I’d have to come up with the most romantic way to propose.